Adorama WW

Jun 10, 2021

The Best Gear to Take to a Drive-In Movie Theater

Last summer, I drove 75 miles from my home in the suburbs of Washington, DC, to Stephens City, Virginia, to take in a double feature (Jurassic Park and Jaws) at the Family Drive-In Theatre—the only permanent drive-in theater open in the northern part of the state. It was a picturesque evening with clear skies, warm (not humid) weather, and families enjoying a rare outing as the pandemic became a fact of life. For a moment, life felt normal again.

My night at the drive-in was one of the nicest I spent during quarantine. Now that indoor movie theaters have reopened, and I'm vaccinated (and living in New York without a car), a night at the drive-in is less practical. Still, there was something special in the air at the drive-in, and I yearn for that fun night under the stars. I know I’ll find my way back eventually.

Hopefully you will too, and with the right gear, you’ll be able to have the best experience possible. Here are a few essentials (and some fun extras) to help you make the most of your movie night under the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment